Going forward (diagonal)
- "&": pendulum action forward. bounce, lift heel. There should be a moment when both heels are off the floor.
- "a": hip rotation to step the other foot forward, emphasize hip rotation. Ribs, shoulders move less.
- "1": step front foot, back leg straight, hip turn out. swivel back foot, break ankle. The heel of the front foot should drop to floor.
- "&": pendulum action forward, raise the heel of front foot, it is not flat-footed movement.
- "a": hip rotation to step other foot forward, in the same direction as the motion (not to the side), place partial weight, then hips turn 90 degrees.
- "1": step the other foot. back foot is turned out, break ankle.