Practice the Rumba routine below with a piece of paper under both feet. A couple of technique points to remember:
- Try to keep paper moving with feet at all times. It's difficult to do, but it trains the feet to be 'sticky' (have pressure) on the floor.
- Keep upper body 'lifted' at the same time.
- Use inside edge of feet, "break the ankle inward"
- Start with LF in front, weight on RF.
- '2': rotate left hip forward
- '3': rotate right hip back
- '4': point LF back, left toe behind right heel, hold position
- '1' (half beat): hold position
- '&' (half beat): put weight on LF
- '2': move RF back, settle
- '3': replace weight on LF,
- '41: RF forward, settle
- '2': Cucaracha, LF to left side
- '3' (half beat): replace weight to RF
- '&' (half beat): LF closes to RF
- '41': RF to side, settle
- '2341 (half beat)': Alemana
- '&' (half beat): spiral to R (lift up, tighten inside muscle)
- '2341': RF forward Rumba walk
- '2': Rumba walk LF fwd
- '3' (half beat): RF fwd, slightly cross LF
- '&;': 1/2/ turn to L, ending LF in front
- '41': LF back, settle
- '2': RF closes to LF (like starting Hockey Stick step 4)
- '3': LF forward
- '41': RF forward
- '2': LF forward walk
- '3' (half beat): RF forward
- '&' (half beat): full turn to R
- '41(half beat)': LF forward (traveling same direction as before the full turn)
- '&': 1/2 turn to R
Post a Comment